Saturday, May 31, 2014

Syria

SYRIA :

officially the Syrian Arab Republic is a country in Western Asia, bordering Lebanon and the Mediterranean Sea to the west, Turkey to the north, Iraq to the east, Jordan to the south, and Israel to the southwest. Its capital Damascus is among the oldest continuously-inhabited cities in the world. A country of fertile plains, high mountains, and deserts, it is home to diverse ethnic and religious groups, including the majority Arab population which includes; Alawite, Druze, Sunni and Christian. Other ethnic groups include; Armenians, Assyrians, Kurds, Yezidi and Turks. Sunni Arabs make up the largest population group in Syria.
To know more about the country click here.

Cover :


















My friend Hasan send me this very nice cover. I become so happy after get this cover. This is my first cover from Syria. This one is also so special for my collection. The postmark is not so clear. But, i like this cover. Hope i will get another cover with clear postmark. I liked those stamps. Thank u Hasan for send me this nice cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment