Friday, July 10, 2015

Ascension Island

ASCENSION  ISLAND :
Ascension Island is an isolated volcanic island in the equatorial waters of the South Atlantic Ocean, around 1,600 kilometres (1,000 mi) from the coast of Africa and 2,250 kilometres (1,400 mi) from the coast of South America, which is roughly midway between the horn of South America and Africa. It is governed as part of the British Overseas Territory of Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha of which the main island, Saint Helena, is around 1,300 kilometres (800 mi) to the southeast. The territory also includes the second "remotest populated archipelago" on earth, behind the Hawaiian Islands, the sparsely populated Tristan da Cunha archipelago, some 3,730 kilometres (2,300 mi) to the south (about thirty degrees of latitude) and about halfway to the Antarctic Circle.
To know more about the country click here.

Cover :
















My friend JP send me this cover. He is the joy of my collection. And, He is one of the very nice friend too. He send me few more very nice cover from some rare country. I become so happy after get this cover. And, This one is so special for my collection. This one is my second cover from Ascension Island. The post mark is little clear. I like to see the clear postmark on the cover. I like those nice stamps too. Thank you JP for send me this very nice cover.  

No comments:

Post a Comment