Monday, June 30, 2014

Guyana

GUYANA :

officially the Co-operative Republic of Guyana is a sovereign state on the northern coast of South America. Although Guyana is part of the Anglophone Caribbean, it is one of the few Caribbean countries that is not an island. The Caribbean Community (CARICOM), of which Guyana is a member, has its secretariat's headquarters in Guyana's capital, Georgetown.
Guyana was originally colonized by the Netherlands. Later, it became a British colony and remained so for over 200 years until it achieved independence on 26 May 1966 from the United Kingdom. On 23 February 1970, Guyana officially became a republic. In 2008, the country joined the Union of South American Nations as a founding member.
To know more about the country click here.

Cover :
















My friend Danny send me this very nice cover. He is one of my very nice friend. He send me another two nice cover from Suriname. I become so happy after get this cover. This is my second cover from Guyana. Unfortunately the post mark is not clear. I like to see the clear postmark on the cover. I liked those those very nice stamps. Thank you Danny for send me this nice cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment