Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Suriname

SURINAME :


officially known as the Republic of Suriname is a country on the northeastern Atlantic coast of South America. It is bordered by French Guiana to the east, Guyana to the west and Brazil to the south.

Suriname was colonized by the English and the Dutch in the 17th century. 
In 1667 it was captured by the Dutch, who governed Suriname as Dutch Guiana until 1954. At that time it was designated as one of the constituent countries (Dutch: landen) of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, next to the Netherlands and the Netherlands Antilles (dissolved in 2010). On 25 November 1975, the country of Suriname left the Kingdom of the Netherlands to become independent. A member of CARICOM, it is frequently considered a Caribbean country and has had frequent trade and cultural exchange with the Caribbean nations.
To know more about the country click here.

Cover :













My friend Danny send me this very nice cover. He is one of my very nice friend. This one is my first R-cover from Suriname. I become so happy after get this cover. The post mark is clear. I like to see the clear postmark on the cover. I liked those nice stamps too. Thank you Danny for send me this nice cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment