Friday, August 28, 2015

Maldives

MALDIVES :
officially the Republic of the Maldives and also referred to as the Maldive Islands, is an island nation in the Indian Ocean–Arabian Sea area, consisting of a double chain of twenty-six atolls, oriented north-south, that lie between Minicoy Island (the southernmost part of Lakshadweep, India) and the Chagos Archipelago. The chains stand in the Laccadive Sea, and the capital, Malé is about 600 kilometres south-west of India and 750 kilometres south-west of Sri Lanka.
Maldives has been an independent polity for the majority of its history, except for three periods in which it was ruled by outside forces. The islands gained independence from the British Empire in 1965, and in 1968 became a republic ruled by a president and an authoritarian government.
To know more about the country click here.

Cover :



















One Of The Perfect Cover :
My elder brother Subrato send me this great cover. He help me to get few more nice cover from rare country. I become so happy after get this cover. This is my 3rd cover from Maldives.
This one is so special for my collection. This is one of the perfect cover in my collection. And, I am so happy to get this cover. The post mark is so clear. I like to see the clear postmark on the cover. I like those 2 nice stamps too. Thank you dada(brother) for send me this very nice cover.  

No comments:

Post a Comment