Monday, March 9, 2015

Solomon Islands

SOLOMON ISLAND :
Solomon Islands is a sovereign country consisting of a large number of islands in Oceania lying to the east of Papua New Guinea and northwest of Vanuatu and covering a land area of 28,400 square kilometres (11,000 sq mi). The country's capital, Honiara, is located on the island of Guadalcanal. Solomon Islands should not be confused with the Solomon Islands archipelago, which is a collection of Melanesian islands that includes Solomon Islands and Bougainville Island (part of Papua New Guinea), but excludes the nation's outlying islands, such as the Santa Cruz group.
To know more about the country click here.

Cover :













My friend Jill send me this nice cover. He use 4 very nice stamps to send this cover. Unfortunately the post mark is little clear. But, the country name is readable. I like to see the clear postmark on the cover. I liked those nice stamps. This is my first cover from Solomon Islands. Thank u Jill for send me this nice cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment