Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Montserrat

MONTSERRAT :
Montserrat is a British Overseas Territory located in the Caribbean. The island is located in the Leeward Islands, part of the chain of islands known as the Lesser Antilles, in the West Indies. Montserrat measures approximately 16 km (9.9 mi) long and 11 km (6.8 mi) wide, with approximately 40 kilometres (25 mi) of coastline. Montserrat is nicknamed The Emerald Isle of the Caribbean both for its resemblance to coastal Ireland and for the Irish ancestry of some of its inhabitants.
On 18 July 1995, the previously dormant Soufrière Hills volcano, in the southern part of the island, became active. Eruptions destroyed Montserrat's Georgian era capital city of Plymouth and two-thirds of the island's population was forced to flee. The volcanic activity continues, mostly affecting the vicinity of Plymouth, including its docking facilities, and the eastern side of the island around the former W. H. Bramble Airport, the remnants of which were buried by flows from volcanic activity on 11 February 2010.
To know more about the country click here.

Cover :
















First Cover From Montserrat :
One Of My Perfect Cover From Montserrat :
My friend Denise send me this cover. She is one of my best friend. And, she is a very nice man too. This is one of my perfect cover from Montserrat. Denise use some very nice stamps to send me this cover. She send me few more nice cover. I become so happy after get this cover. 
This cover is my first cover from Montserrat. Those postmarks are very clear. I like to see the clear postmark on the cover. I like those nice stamp too. Thank u Denise for send me this nice cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment