Sunday, March 23, 2014

Guadeloupe

GUADELOUPE :

Guadeloupe is a group of Caribbean islands located in the Leeward Islands, in the Lesser Antilles, with a land area of 1,628 square kilometres (629 sq. mi) and a population of 405,739 inhabitants (as of Jan. 2013). It is an overseas region of France, consisting of a single overseas department. Guadeloupe is an integral part of France, as are the other overseas departments. Besides Guadeloupe's two islands of Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre, the smaller islands of Marie-Galante, La Désirade, and the Îles des Saintes are included in Guadeloupe.

As part of France, Guadeloupe is part of the European Union and the Eurozone; hence, as for all Eurozone countries, its currency is the euro. However, as an overseas department, Guadeloupe is not part of the Schengen Area. The prefecture (i.e. French regional capital) of Guadeloupe is Basse-Terre. Its official language is French, although many of its inhabitants also speak Antillean Creole (Créole Guadeloupéen).
To know more about the country click here.

Cover :















This is my first cover from Guadeloupe. My friend Olga send me this cover. My friend use few very nice stamps to send me this cover. I become so happy after get this cover. The post mark is so clear. I like to see the clear postmark on the cover. But, unfortunately this is machine cancellation. I like those nice stamps. Thank u Olga for send me this nice cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment